Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Update: Plans

Hi guys, sorry it's been so long since my last update.

Shock horror, I'm feeling kinda depressed again. Everything that can be going wrong, is really going wrong in life atm. I have absolutely no confidence in poker, I'm getting behind at school, I have actually lost my job now, I'm feeling ill atm, and my grandma had a heart attack 2 days ago, and I can't go to see her in hospital as her immune system is low and I'm ill.

So 1st thing is first, poker. The weekend after my last update was OK, I made about $500 due to 180 man SNGs, but was still losing a lot in MTTs, as I wasn't making the final table due to run bad in the final 30 or so people. I really want the bigger scores so that I can have so money to put into Neteller enabling me to have a bankroll when I feel the need to go on my own again (probably $25k-ish). But at the moment this doesn't even look like happening because I am running so bad deep in the MTTs with more than $1000 for 1st. Meaning that overall I am breaking even/slowly bleeding away money. I haven't had a winning month since May now and feel like total shit when it comes to poker, so I'm thinking of taking a break.

School - I was struggling with a few concepts at the start of the year meaning that I got a little behind. Last year this wouldn't have been a problem and I'd have been caught up by now, but this year the workload is so much larger than what I've been used to, meaning I just get my head around one topic, and I have to be handing in work for the next one. It's so tilting, and with me being such a lazy, bone-idle person, I don't want to spend more of my free time than I am used to catching up, so I'm stuck in a vicious cycle where I am always one topic behind everyone else, which is very annoying and I can't keep going on like it.

Job - The boss wants me to invoice him for the work I have done, so that I can get paid, then we will obviously be discontinuing our working relationship. It is my fault for being so lazy and forgetful but it's kinda depressing as I needed the guaranteed income that comes with the job, so really should have tried my best to keep the job. I haven't gotten round to sending him the final work yet as I have been busy worrying about my Grandma, and haven't had a chance to sit down and sort it all out yet, which is kinda bad as it's for a lot of money, but it can't be helped atm. (I am typing this up without internet access atm, so I can't even be doing it in the time I am taking to write this blog).

I need to make plans for my life so that I can get everything back on track. Life is so much easier when you have a schedule to follow which can help you organize your daily routines, so I will probably sit down and write out a timetable for what I will do with my free time, and as this is a poker blog, I'll write out my poker plans/goals here.

  • Get TourneyTrax to track my tournament play/results. It's an awesome program invented by ex 2+2 moderator Jurollo, that gives you pretty graphs and shit if you input your results into it. Kinda like an advanced for of HEM for tournament players, but without the HUD.
  • Put more volume in when I can play sessions. Time is tight atm and my sessions are few and far between, so when I am playing ideally I want to be 12-16 tabling at all times, as if I am +EV in the games I am playing I should make more money the more volume I play.
  • Concentrate more when I am playing! I need to stop reading the internet etc whilst I am playing, as often I am just playing on auto-pilot whilst I read 2+2 and play around with Facebook etc, which in the long term costs me money. I am no longer worried that my backer will drop me, but it still would be nice if I could make some well needed money, and the best way to do this is to fully concentrate whilst playing. If I want to get good at the game, and maximize my potential then this is a must.
That's about it really, I don't want to set monetary targets, as big scores/downswings can easily skewer results, so I just want to make achievable targets that can hopefully result in monetary benefits in the long run.

Not sure when my next session will be as I might be spending time visiting my grandma etc in the times when I would usually be playing, so if it's a while till my next post then I apologize.

Till then

DoubtImReal

No comments:

Post a Comment